Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Introduction

I'm Joe. I'm not Canadian, and I'm not witty enough to parody the famous beer commercial by a Joe that is Canadian.

What I am is an American CFL fan. It used to be difficult to find us in the wild, however, with the new ESPN deal and the explosion of social media, more and more of us are coming out of the woodwork.

I have made many trips to visit my Canadian neighbors, and have come away with a deep appreciation for the Canadian game, as well as the community of CFL fans across Canada and all over the world.

There are advantages and disadvantages of being a CFL fan outside of Canada, and in the coming days, I hope to shed some light on the good and the bad, as well as talk about some of my experiences both home and away that have shaped my fandom. I hope you will join me on this journey, and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Good blog. Glad to see an American digging my favourite game, and my favourite team. That you're ALSO from Wisconsin (my favourite state), AND cheer for the Packers (my favourite NFL team) means I'm right at home, here.

    If you come up for a Bombers game this year, I'll pay you to bring me some Spreckers... :P

    Keep up the great writing. I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If I figure out how to get a 4 pack on the plane to Grey Cup, I'll let you know!
    Appreciate the kind words, and I'm glad there are more Packers/Bombers fans out there, it's not a normal combination!

    ReplyDelete