Thursday, September 10, 2015

Week 11 Power Rankings and Week 12 Picks

Week 11 Power Rankings


1. Calgary Stampeders

Get used to this. Someone's gonna have to do something pretty spectacular to change my mind on this one for the forseeable future. They've stormed back to the top of the league standings, and also don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep. 

2. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

If someone is going to knock Calgary off the top of the power rankings, it'll probably be Hamilton. They seem to have recovered nicely from the hiccup against Montreal.

3. Edmonton Eskimos

I can't imagine them moving up or down for the next few weeks unless they hammer Calgary this Saturday, but with that defense and with Mike Reilly back, if they can beat Calgary, the race in the West could get very interesting very quickly. 

4. Toronto Argonauts

The middle of the power rankings this week is tough to figure out. Toronto stays here because I'm not quite sure Ottawa is quite there yet. 

5. Ottawa REDBLACKS


Then again, last week, I was dead wrong about putting Montreal ahead of Ottawa. Like. really wrong. Ottawa fans called me out on it, and they deserve to hear this. 

6. BC Lions

Maybe I'm overcompensating for putting Montreal 5th last week, but BC seems to be the right fit here after beating Montreal. 

7. Montreal Alouettes

Of course, every time I think the Als are trending downward, they slap a supposedly superior team up and down the field. They have a bye this week, but face an inferior team next week. Winnipeg. Yeah, that probably won't end well for the Bombers.

8. Saskatchewan Roughriders

Speaking of things not ending well for the Bombers, how about the game on Sunday, the one I suddenly can't remember much of anything about, except a lot of sadness, and maybe one or two extra drinks I didn't really need. 

9. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Rock bottom is losing to your rivals on Labour Day weekend when they haven't won a game all year. Seems like a lot of Winnipeg seasons hit bottom lately after a loss on said weekend. The management is making changes, seems like that also happens about this time every season lately. Why am I worried it will be the same result in the end? 


Week 12 Picks


Hamilton at Toronto

Enough of me moping. Time for picks. I'm taking Hamilton here because I believe they are a far superior team than Toronto.

Saskatchewan at Winnipeg

Okay, just a bit more moping. I'm taking the Riders, because I don't trust the Bombers one bit at the moment. I'd be very happy for them to prove me wrong, though, it's not like I haven't been wrong lately or anything. 

Calgary at Edmonton

Ok, done with the moping now. I'm taking Calgary, because they're rolling, and because they seem to have Edmonton's number. 

Ottawa at BC

I just made amends with Ottawa fans, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to risk annoying them once more. I'm well and truly stumped on this one, so it's going to BC for the following 2 reasons. First is that it's in BC, and second, I'm already nervous about taking so many road teams already. I believe there's only been one week in the CFL season so far with more road teams winning than home teams, and I'm already guessing it happens again this week. The good news for Ottawa fans? It's not like I haven't been wrong about their team before. Like, say, last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment